Friday, August 29, 2008

Say, "Ahhh!"

Today was Josiah's first trip to the dentist. We went by last week to meet his dentist & he was very excited to meet her. He kept saying, "Hi Dr. Bender!" Well, today was a different story. He did well considering this was his first time, but he did not want her fingers inside his mouth.

So, Mommy jumped in the chair with him to help him to feel more comfortable. Things went better after that.

Josiah really enjoyed wearing the cool orange glasses they gave him to keep the light out of his eyes.

He also enjoyed the suction straw they let him hold & put in his mouth. As you can see, he also enjoyed sticking it in Mommy's mouth as well.

His favorite part about the appointment was when Dr. Bender said, "You're all done!" I don't think Josiah could have jumped out of the dentist chair any faster. HA! He immediately ran to Daddy. Better luck next time, I guess!

3 comments:

Fox Family said...

well, that definitely went better than grady's first appt!

The Blackmons said...

So funny! I can only imagine going to the dentist for the first time is not very easy! Good job Josiah! I love that you got in the chair with him...good idea!

Unknown said...

Carla- So glad you found me! I've actually been thinking about you lately!!! Can you send me your email? Mine is sarah@fourpointschurch.tv