They're here! My Mom & Dad pulled into Edmonds, WA yesterday to visit with us for two weeks! YEAH!!!!! Saturday night my parents boarded an Amtrak train in Washington D.C., where they were staying with my brother, Chris. He took them to the train station & they began their journey there. THREE DAYS LATER they arrived in Edmonds, WA, which is 5 minutes from our house in Lynnwood. They are such troopers for being on a train across the country to see their daughter, son-in-law & grandson. It has been one year & one month since we last saw them. They looked great & well rested for having been through this long journey.
As soon as they got off of the train, Josiah & I couldn't get to them fast enough. Josiah jumped into Granddaddy's arms as I jumped into Mom's arms. Dustin soon came running up behind as he was making sure we weren't going to get towed from a no-parking zone (there weren't any parking spaces left at the station).
2 comments:
I'm so glad they made it! 3 days doesn't seem like very long to travel across the whole U.S.! I'm sure it was long enough though! Have a great time "Lee Family Tour Guides"!!!
Love,
Amanda
Okay, don't know why that made me so teary but the vision of you guys jumping into their arms after not seeing them for over a year made me sad and happy at the same time. So glad you guys are getting some great quality time with them in your new home!!
Post a Comment