It arrived at our house at the beginning of November. My sweet husband decided to spend some weekends & late afternoons after work putting it together. He did such a great job & did it without any assistance. Thanks, Dustin! So, it has been here a month & we somehow kept it a secret from Josiah. I never thought we would be able to do it, but we did. We hung a tarp over the rail of our deck, which is his height, so he couldn't see down into the yard. Then, we just kept all the blinds on the back of the house shut.
Josiah's birthday was coming up on December 6th, so my parents said to give it to him the day before so he & his friends could enjoy it at his party. The morning of December 5th came & we were so excited. We took him out the front door & through the gate on the side of the house so he could walk into the back yard & see it.
As soon as he saw it, he just ran as fast as he could & screamed as loud as he could. Here is the picture I got of this moment:
...Just a blurr! He was running so fast I couldn't get the shot. Luckily, Dustin had the video camera & got his reaction on tape.
We spent the rest of the afternoon playing outside in the cold weather on his new playground. He did a lot of climbing,
sliding,
swinging,
gliding,
eating at the built in picnic table,
laughing,
& just being silly! What a fun day at the park...I mean, backyard!
2 comments:
OK this is toooo cool!!!! :o) I know he was excited!! Your yard IS now like a park! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSIAH!!! I love you little man!!!
Wow, that set is amazing! No need to go the park anymore since you have your very own. I know Josiah loved it! His birthday party looked like a lot of fun too. Happy Birthday Josiah!
Post a Comment