Monday, August 10, 2009

One Last Time!


Almost two years ago, Josiah & I started going to the Lynnwood Library for Storytime. We were hoping to have quality time together & possibly make some new friends. Little did we know that we would meet our new best friends on the 1st day.

We sat down & listened to everyone singing songs & joining in on rhymes. Josiah & I did not know these songs, so we just listened & tried to join in as well. I noticed a woman sitting next to us with her son who seemed to be just as lost as we were. I asked her, "Is this your first time?" She replied, "Yes." Josiah & I introduced ourselves to Amanda & Grady that day. After a few visits with general chit-chat, we exchanged phone numbers.

After our 1st phone call of over an hour, we knew we would be good friends. We began meeting each other at Storytime every week.

Josiah & Grady now do almost everything together. They love each other so much. Amanda & I have really hit it off, too. We even like to get together for some girl time without our boys being with us.

I know I am setting up this blog as though they are moving away...they are not. We have just come to a new part of this journey. Today marked our last Storytime together. In September, Josiah & Grady will be in preschool. Josiah will be starting preschool for the very first time. He will be attending on Tuesdays & Thursdays. Grady will be going for his 2nd year...on Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays. Preschool Storytime is held on Wednesdays at our local library. So, Josiah & I still plan to attend, but Grady will be in preschool on Wednesdays.

As you can see, our lives are going to be busier than normal & at different times. So, it will be harder for our two little guys to see each other. In the past we scheduled play dates outside of Storytime & we still can in the future. It was just nice to know that even if we didn't make a special plan to meet, we always had Storytime.

Amanda & I have already decided to get together once a week with the boys to have lunch & some playtime after preschool has dismissed. That will always give us something to look forward to.

Yes, I'm sure there will come a day when Grady may not have preschool or summer rolls around & there isn't preschool. Storytime is just going to seem a little lonely without them.

So, this picture was taken today at Storytime. Gabe (Grady's older brother) has been coming this summer since he is out of school. We just wanted a picture of all of us together at Storytime...one last time!

1 comment:

Fox Family said...

OOOOHHHH, that makes it seem even more sad!! I'm so glad we both decided to go that day...just imagine if we hadn't!! Love you guys!