Josiah's new room is now FINISHED!!! I'm so excited. Here it is...
Josiah loves cars! So, I found these Vintage Car sheets at "Target" & loved them. I had already picked out a duvet & shams from "The Land of Nod" months ago, but they were too expensive. They were marked down 50% off & because I bought them on Labor Day I got another 25% off. I got great deals in this room!
In order to save money I bought all unfinished wood products (frames, shelves, artwork). So, I painted every frame on his dresser myself. I also did the puzzle artwork hanging on the wall. Josiah loves jigsaw puzzles & I found unfinished pieces at a craft store in town. So, I bought the pieces & painted them, put them together, painted a car on top & now he has a puzzle painting in his room. Inexpensive, but a lot of work!
Two new model cars.
I painted these wooden frames as well to match the decorative pillow on his new bed.
I painted these navy shelves on the wall to save money, too. Shelves pre-painted in a store were $60 each. I paid $15 for all three total.
A tire & a corvette to match the sheets.
Two cars that we hand painted ourselves. I painted the brown & orange one. Dustin painted the white & navy one. They actually roll for Josiah to play with.
Picture of Josiah & his best friend, Grady.
We love Josiah's new room. It was a lot of work. It took three months of secretly painting shelves, frames, puzzle pieces, letters & a rocking chair to pull this off. It worked, though. Josiah had no idea.
We are about to show Josiah his new big boy room!
1 comment:
I love Josiah's new room! The bedding is really cute! Great job, and a thrify one at that. I love being thrifty with home decoration! And Josiah's expression must have made you elated! Y'all are such great parents.
Post a Comment