Sunday, April 6, 2014

They finished Narnia!

After going to the early service at church today, Dustin & Josiah decided to read.


They have been reading "The Chronicles of Narnia" by C.S. Lewis together.  This has been a very special journey for them together.  Dustin has waited his whole life to read these books with his children.  We never expected to read them with our 2nd grader, but he's doing so well in reading that we decided it was time.  There have been so many life lessons learned just by reading these beautiful books.  I was doing some work in the house while they read & just so happened to be standing nearby on the last page.  As they were reading the last page, the beauty of the story had them both in tears.  As soon as the last word was read, they embraced each other & cried.  It was such a beautiful moment that I grabbed my phone & snapped a picture of it.  I'm so proud of them that they finished Narnia!

No comments: