Thursday, August 21, 2014

Happy 10th Birthday, Isaac!

Ten years ago today, our Isaac Anthony came into & left our lives.  Our sweet baby boy was stillborn.  Not a day has gone by that I don't think about him.  I am so thankful we had the opportunity to love & hold him for a while before we said goodbye!  I can't wait to get to see him again one day in heaven!


Each year we choose to remember his short life & honor his short presence in our family.  This year we celebrated by going to Olive Garden for dinner.


After dinner we bought 2 balloons.  Each boy picked the color of their choice.  Josiah chose blue & Ethan chose red.  Once we got home, we went to the back yard & said a prayer thanking God for our time with Isaac & for the promise that we'll get to see him again one day.  Then the boys released their balloons to heaven as a birthday present for their oldest brother.

This is something Dustin & I did for Isaac soon after he was born & the tradition has continued every year since.  We love this symbol of both saying hello to our son & the reminder of eternal life.  We can't wait until that day when we get to know our little boy.
Happy Birthday, Isaac!

No comments: