Today marks the beginning of summer break from preschool. Josiah is always wanting to learn something, so I decided to spend some time each day this summer reviewing & teaching new academic skills. Every few days we will be working with a letter & a number. I am also beginning the reading program I used when I was a Kindergarten teacher.
Today we began the letter Aa & the number 1. Josiah already knows all of the letters & letter sounds. He also knows all of his numbers to 100. So, we are reviewing, working mostly on writing letters & numbers & having tons of fun, too!
We began by reading a book about the letter Aa. Then, we had a letter Aa hunt. I hid all kinds of toys that began with the letter Aa & Josiah put them all inside the Aa bag. He ran all over the room looking for them & shouting when he found something. Then we worked on writing the letter Aa. Here, we had just finished putting together a cut-out Alligator & Josiah was coloring a habitat for the alligator.
Josiah had so much fun learning today. I can't wait until tomorrow when we begin the reading program. Who would have thought that Josiah would love summer learning!?!?
1 comment:
LOVE it! how fun! I'll have to get some of your fun learning ideas as I'll be homeschooling Ethan next year for kindergarden! :) I'm a bit nervous but i think it will be a blast!
Post a Comment