Today was a hard day. The end of three years has finally arrived. The Fox Family is moving back to Kansas. This day comes with mixed emotions. I am truly excited for them to start this new phase of their journey, but am saddened at the departure of our best friends.
Josiah & Grady have been best friends since the beginning. Amanda & I have been best friends, too. Today is the last playdate we have with all of them before the move. I will be watching the boys on Friday, but Amanda won't be there.
We began our final group playdate with Josiah's last haircut from Amanda. Then, we continued the tradition by having McDonalds for lunch. We had McDonalds at the house today so we could enjoy each other's company better & so the boys could play Grady's Wii.
The boys bowled, boxed, playing Diego & truck racing on the Wii. They had so much fun! I'm just thankful the controller didn't go through the TV screen while Josiah was bowling.
Amanda & I spent the next couple of hours just chatting away, like we needed to get it all in before the day ended. I so love my talks with her. She is the one friend I can be myself with & say anything to & she will love me in the midst of it. We had a hard time leaving. Josiah burst into tears in the driveway. Amanda & I then joined him as Grady ran inside & hid. We just didn't want to them to leave. I wish we could kidnap them & keep them in our basement. Ha!
Though we were sad to leave, Josiah & I had a great time with our friends one last time!
No comments:
Post a Comment