It's Christmas Eve & we're in N.C. We're excited to be here. Chris arrived from Washington D.C. & he brought his gift-giving itch with him. For years now Chris, Dustin & I have exchanged gifts with each other & given our gifts to Dad & Mom on Christmas Eve.
We began the morning with a very exciting gift. Uncle Chris gave Josiah a Wii for his birthday. So, he gave him the Wii game Mario Kart & a steering wheel for Christmas. This was a very exciting gift...not only for Josiah...but for us, too. Ha!
We always love watching Dad & Mom get their gifts as well. I couldn't post a picture of every gift we each received, so I posted my favorite reactions. These were two of my favorites that Chris gave them.
Dustin, Josiah & I gave Chris Season Five of "The Office." Josiah climbed up in Chris' lap to explain what this gift was. Josiah knows we love "The Office."
Dustin & I chose to exchange one gift with each other that were under $20. So, we picked them out ourselves. Ha! We were pretending to be totally surprised. DRAMA!
Here are the gifts Uncle Chris gave Josiah for Christmas. 2 Toy Story LEGO sets, a tub of LEGOs, Hyper Dash game, Mario Kart & Mario Kart Figurines. Granddaddy & Grandma give Josiah a little something on Christmas Eve & give the rest on Christmas Day. They gave Josiah Spiderman slippers & Disney underwear.
Here are the gifts Chris gave to me & Dustin. A precious photo book of Josiah, 4 Wii games & a Disney Christmas ornament. Dad & Mom gave Dustin a pair of shorts & T-shirts. They gave me a nice pair of pajamas. We also got a Wake Forest Memo Pad.
We continue our day of traditions by helping Mom cook & clean for the Christmas Day Feast. After working all day, we like to head to Outback for dinner. Upon our return from dinner, we read the Christmas Story & sing Christmas Carols together.
Since Dustin & I have become parents, we enjoy creating family traditions. So, it's nice to enjoy family traditions that our parents created years ago. It really has been a Merry Christmas Eve!
No comments:
Post a Comment